- Kajetanowicz and Baran were showing excellent pace during Leg 1 of Cyprus Rally;
- Four top-three stage times for the LOTOS Rally Team crew;
- Unfortunately the car of reigning European Rally Champions slid off the road and they could not continue their battle;
- Kajto and Jarek come back tomorrow, to fight for further points in the FIA European Rally Championship standings.
Facing the challenges brought to the competitors by unpredictable sport is beautiful but sometimes also bitter. Fierce competition always carries some risk with it. Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Jarek Baran showed great pace today, which enabled them to get in the straight fight for top position in extremely difficult Cyprus Rally. Unfortunately they did not reach the finish line of special stage number six, so they did not complete the Saturday’s leg. Thankfully the car was not damaged and the LOTOS Rally Team returns to challenging competition tomorrow.
Ford Fiesta R5 of the Polish crew slid off the road in the place where it was not possible to return on their own, although there was no damage to the car. A few moments later another crews finished their rally at the same corner: Murat Bostanci (Turkey, Ford Fiesta R5) and European Rally Championship leader Bruno Magalhães (Portugal), who heavily damaged his Skoda Fabia R5.
Competing in tomorrow’s leg gives a chance to score more points in the FIA European Rally Championship standings. There are six special stages to go on Sunday, totalling over 102 competitive kilometres.
– Our job is beautiful although sometimes we go from one extreme to another. Two weeks ago we enjoyed beautiful moments, winning Acropolis Rally. Before coming to Cyprus I had known that this would be a huge challenge. We have good pace this season but it is just not possible to foresee everything at such high level. I would like to thank my team for their support and the same goes to our fans and partners. You can be sure that I will never give up. Tomorrow we are back in fight.
Starts of Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Jarek Baran are supported by strategic partner of LOTOS Rally Team – LOTOS Group – as well as CUBE.ITG, Delphi and Driving Experience. More info about Kajetan Kajetanowicz and the team available at: www.lotosrallyteam.pl, www.kajto.pl, www.facebook.com/EmocjeDoPelna, www.facebook.com/KajetanKajetanowicz and www.twitter.com/Kajto_pl.