Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak have completed a successful second loop of Friday’s leg of ADAC Rallye Deutschland. The LOTOS Rally Team crew maintained very good pace on three special stages run this afternoon and moved up to fourth position in the WRC-2 standings! Triple European Rally Champion gain experience on German roads, improving his pace with every kilometre. What is important, narrow gap to the leaders is measured in seconds, which brings plenty of optimism ahead of the next leg.
Despite dark clouds looming overhead, summer weather prevailed during the second loop and rain did not return. Kajetan and Maciej recorded stage times in top ten of the WRC-2 standings, again steering clear of mistakes.
– We completed the first day of Rallye Deutschland with satisfaction. Fourth place seems to exceed a little our pre-rally expectations but it is very much welcome. We had no problems throughout the day, just small issues with the brakes – but otherwise our car performs very well. I decided to stay on the safe side and put two spare rain tyres already in the morning, keeping them in our car all the time. Narrow gaps between WRC-2 competitors bode well for exciting fight. The World Rally Championship stages do not forgive any mistakes and I still do not know these roads. Tomorrow another new rally awaits us
– said Kajetan Kajetanowicz, triple European Rally Champion, after Friday stages.
The organisers of round nine of the World Rally Championship prepared eight special stages for tomorrow. It will be the longest leg of this year’s ADAC Rallye Deutschland. The crews face two runs of Arena Panzerplatte (9.43 kms; starts at 8:48 and 15:08 CET), Panzerplatte (the longest test of the rally – 38.57 kms; 9:15 and 15:35 CET), Freisen (14.78 kms; 11:03 and 17:23 CET) and Römerstraße (12.28 kms; 12:06 and 18:26 CET).
ADAC Rallye Deutschland 2018, WRC-2 standings after SS7:
1. Kopecký / Dresler (Czech Republic, Skoda Fabia R5) 1:04:06.8 s
2. Bonato / Boulloud (France, Citroen C3 R5) +22.2 s
3. Camilli / Veillas (France, Ford Fiesta R5) +22.3 s
4. Kajetanowicz / Szczepaniak (Poland, Ford Fiesta R5) +37.0 s
5. Rovanperä / Halttunen (Finland, Skoda Fabia R5) +38.8 s
6. Solans / Ibañez (Spain, Ford Fiesta R5) +46.5 s
7. Andolfi / Inglesi (Italy, Skoda Fabia R5) +48.7 s
8. Huttunen / Linnaketo (Finland, Hyundai i20 R5) +49.4 s
9. Lefebvre / Moreau (France, Citroen C3 R5) +53.2 s
10. Scandola / Gaspari (Italy, Skoda Fabia R5) +53.5 s
Starts of Kajetan Kajetanowicz are supported by strategic partner of LOTOS Rally Team – LOTOS Group – as well as Delphi Technologies and Driving Experience. More info about Kajetan Kajetanowicz and the team available at: www.lotosrallyteam.pl and www.kajto.pl, as well as at: www.fb.com/EmocjeDoPelna, www.fb.com/KajetanKajetanowicz, www.twitter.com/Kajto_pl and www.youtube.com/Kajtopl.