Rally Deutschland welcomed the competitors on Friday morning with high temperatures and possible threat of rain around the special stages. Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak, starting the day in fourth position among the WRC-2 runners after yesterday’s competition, maintained assured and consistent pace on three special stages, totalling over 50 kilometres. On the second one, Mittelmosel 1, heavy rain had fallen just before the Polish duo started the stage. It spiced up the competition and made life harder for the crews. There was no shortage of excitement!
Kajto started the day with eight-fastest time among eighteen crews in his category, trailing the stage winner by 8 seconds. The following stage brought another eight-fastest result – the Polish duo avoided mistakes on wet surface and completed the 22-kms test in just over 14 minutes. After the first loop they hold high, sixth position, losing just 4.7 seconds to fifth-placed crew and 18.4 seconds to the leaders. They are setting the pace among three WRC-2 drivers who take part in this rally for the first time.
– It was raining on the first loop and we had hard tyres, suitable for dry conditions. There was some excitement, especially in wet sections and in the woods, where mud appeared on the road. It is an interesting and valuable experience. The pace in WRC-2 is strong, we are fighting and we are in the game. The second loop will be probably wet but we have not received confirmed information. Possible rain will for sure bring some lottery. Nevertheless we are happy and I enjoy my driving a lot
– says the LOTOS Rally Team driver, Kajetan Kajetanowicz.
After 30-minutes service break and checking the car by the mechanics, Kajetanowicz and Szczepaniak return to fight on another runs of Stein und Wein (19.44 kms), Mittelmosel (22.00 kms) and Wadern-Weiskirchen (9.27 kms) stages. Today’s leg should end around 19:00 CET.
ADAC Rallye Deutschland 2018, WRC-2 standings after SS4:
1. Kopecký / Dresler (Czech Republic, Skoda Fabia R5) 33:27,4 s
2. Bonato / Boulloud (France, Citroen C3 R5) +5.4 s
3. Solans / Ibañez (Spain, Ford Fiesta R5) +6.5 s
4. Camilli / Veillas (France, Ford Fiesta R5) +9.9 s
5. Greensmith / Loudon (Great Britain, Ford Fiesta R5) +13.7 s
6. Kajetanowicz / Szczepaniak (Poland, Ford Fiesta R5) +18.4 s
7. Rovanperä / Halttunen (Finland, Skoda Fabia R5) +25.7 s
8. Huttunen / Linnaketo (Finland, Hyundai i20 R5) +29.3 s
9. Scandola / Gaspari (Italy, Skoda Fabia R5) +31.2 s
10. Tempestini / Itu (Romania, Citroen C3 R5) +32.2 s
Starts of Kajetan Kajetanowicz are supported by strategic partner of LOTOS Rally Team – LOTOS Group – as well as Delphi Technologies and Driving Experience. More info about Kajetan Kajetanowicz and the team available at: www.lotosrallyteam.pl and www.kajto.pl, as well as at: www.fb.com/EmocjeDoPelna, www.fb.com/KajetanKajetanowicz, www.twitter.com/Kajto_pl and www.youtube.com/Kajtopl.