After winning the overall classification of Rally Barbórka, the LOTOS Rally Team crew remain undefeated also on the Stage of Champions. The blue-riband event on Karowa Street took place in consistent conditions and on dry surface, with loud cheering of the crowd. This was seventh victory for Kajetan Kajetanowicz and the first one with his current co-driver, Maciej Szczepaniak.
Kajetanowicz set a time of 1 minute and 54.41 seconds on 2.1-kms stage, defeating second-placed duo of Marczyk / Gospodarczyk by 0.97 seconds and third-placed Byśkiniewicz / Jędraszek by 3.69 seconds. The same three crews took top three positions in the overall classification of Rally Barbórka.
– I feel great. The less I drive in Poland, the more I care about good performance and keeping the fans happy. This is a very important day for me and these victories are my way of saying thanks to partners, members of the LOTOS Rally Team and all our supporters. Karowa Street surprises us every year with different conditions, the grip levels are different every single time and they influence the stage results. It was very grippy this year and maybe I was a bit too cautious in some places. I am happy because I wanted to perform well. We won the rally, we won on Karowa Street once again. This is a dream-come-true conclusion of our season
– summed up Kajetan Kajetanowicz, the LOTOS Rally Team driver.
– I have not competed here for a couple of years and taking part in Rally Barbórka always means something special. First of all, the atmosphere and the fans here are unique. Secondly, this is the only chance to appear in Poland when you compete abroad. I took this opportunity with great pleasure. Our excellent WRC-2 season comes to an end – it was the first one for Kajetan and he was winning some special stages with the factory crews. Despite his lack of experience in those rallies, he took advantage of his knowledge, talent and general experience. Those results were surprising to many, sometimes even to us
– added Maciej Szczepaniak, the co-driver of Kajetanowicz.
Starts of Kajetan Kajetanowicz are supported by strategic partner of LOTOS Rally Team – LOTOS Group – as well as Delphi Technologies and Driving Experience. More info about Kajetan Kajetanowicz and the team available at: www.lotosrallyteam.pl and www.kajto.pl, as well as at: www.fb.com/EmocjeDoPelna, www.fb.com/KajetanKajetanowicz, www.twitter.com/Kajto_pl and www.youtube.com/Kajtopl.
Rally Barbórka 2018 – the Stage of Champions on Karowa Street (TOP10):
1. Kajetanowicz / Szczepaniak (Ford Fiesta WRC) 1:54.41
2. Marczyk / Gospodarczyk (Skoda Fabia R5) +0.97
3. Byśkiniewicz / Jędraszek (Hyundai i20 R5) +2.72
4. Oleksowicz / Sienkiewicz (Subaru Impreza GT) +5.09
5. Kuchar / Dymurski (Peugeot 208 RX) +6.04
6. Grzesiński / Tutaj (Ford Fiesta VS) +6.22
7. Chuchała / Rozwadowski (Subaru Impreza STI) +6.41
8. Ratajczyk / Szcześniak (Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X) +7.29
9. Gryc / Kuśnierz (Ford Fiesta R5) +9.09
10. Terlikowski / Grabski (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X) +9.18
Rally Barbórka 2018 – official standings (TOP10):
1. Kajetanowicz / Szczepaniak (Ford Fiesta WRC) 17:48.92
2. Marczyk / Gospodarczyk (Skoda Fabia R5) +4.18
3. Byśkiniewicz / Jędraszek (Hyundai i20 R5) +33.59
4. Ratajczyk / Szcześniak (Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X) +34.66
5. Kuchar / Dymurski (Peugeot 208 RX) +37.58
6. Chuchała / Rozwadowski (Subaru Impreza STI) +42.18
7. Oleksowicz / Sienkiewicz (Subaru Impreza GT) +47.57
8. Bouffier / Panseri (Ford Fiesta Proto) +55.51
9. Brzeziński / Obuchowski (Ford Fiesta Proto) +56.66
10. Grzesiński / Tutaj (Ford Fiesta VS) +1:00.76