Although this is only the beginning of the competition, Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak did not give any chances to their rivals in the WRC 2 category and won all the special stages of the first lap. The LOTOS Rally Team also defeated the duets in manufacturer-supported cars (WRC 2 Pro) and is the fastest among the drivers of the R5 class!
The day began with the İçmeler 1 stage, 24.85 km long. Kajetanowicz and Szczepaniak, after winning yesterday’s trial on the streets of Marmaris, started as the leaders of the WRC 2 category and claimed another SS-victory, defeating by 16.8 seconds the duo Bulacia Wilkinson/Cretu (also Skoda Fabia R5) and by 39.3 seconds Gill and Macneall (Ford Fiesta R5 MK2). At the next trial, Çetibeli 1 (38.15 km), our duo also drove flawlessly, finishing with a 10.2 second lead over Bulacia. This time the podium trio was completed by Solberg and Minor-Petrasko (+17.0 seconds, Skoda Fabia R5). The fourth special stage won in a row was Ula 1 (16.57 km), where Poles beat Solberg by 3.8 seconds and Bulacia by 6.4 seconds.
After four stages Kajetanowicz and Szczepaniak have 41.8 seconds advantage over the Bulacia Wilkinson/Cretu duo. The next places in the top five are occupied by Solberg and Minor-Petrasko (+1:06,8 s), Bostanci/Vatansever (+3:33,0 s, Ford Fiesta R5) and Gill/Macneall (+3:53,1 s).
Rally Turkey 2019 – unofficial WRC 2 classification after SS4 (TOP 10):
1. K. Kajetanowicz/M. Szczepaniak (Poland, Skoda Fabia R5) 1:04:17,7 s
2. M. Bulacia Wilkinson/F. Cretu (Bolivia/Argentina, Skoda Fabia R5) +41,8 s
3. H. Solberg/I. Minor-Petrasko (Norway/Austria, Skoda Fabia R5) +1:06,8 s
4. M. Bostanci/O. Vatansever (Turkey, Ford Fiesta R5) +3:33,0 s
5. G. Gill/G. Macneall (India/Australia, Ford Fiesta R5 MK2) +3:53,1 s
6. D. Salvi/H. Magalhães (Portugal, Skoda Fabia R5) +4:48,6 s
7. B. Cukurova/V. Bostanci (Turkey, Skoda Fabia R5) +5:04,5 s
8. B. Banaz/B. Erdener (Ford Fiesta R5) +5:10,6 s
9. F. Andolfi/E. Inglesi (Italy, Skoda Fabia R5) +5:41,9 s
10. D. Fahri/B. Gücenmez (Cyprus/Turkey, Skoda Fabia R5) +7:09,4 s.
Kajetan Kajetanowicz’s starts are supported by: LOTOS Rally Team’s strategic partner – Grupa LOTOS, as well as Delphi Technologies, Driving Experience and Pirelli.