Today’s stage of the Rally Turkey is nearly 110 kilometres long, consisting of three sections driven twice. The crews have just completed the first circuit. For the Poles, Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak, everything went smoothly. The LOTOS Rally Team won two out of three trials and strengthened their lead in the WRC 2 category!
The day began with the first trial run of Yeşilbelde, the second longest section in the rally: 33.00 km. The Poles started with a confident and even drive, reaching the third time, only 1.8 seconds behind the Bulacia Wilkinson/Cretu duo and 7.9 seconds behind Andolfi and Inglesi. Another two trials: Datça 1 (8.75 km) and Kızlan 1 (13.15 km) are already two triumphs of Kajetanowicz and Szczepaniak. In both cases, the Poles were followed on the SS podium by Bulacia Wilkinson/Cretu (+4.9 s and +2.0 s) and Gill/Macneall (+5.1 s and +5.2 s). After ten special stages Kajetanowicz has more than three minutes advantage over the next team.
Rally Turkey 2019 – unofficial WRC 2 classification after SS 10:
1. K. Kajetanowicz/M. Szczepaniak (Poland, Skoda Fabia R5) 2:50:34,6 s
2. M. Bulacia Wilkinson/F. Cretu (Bolivia/Argentina, Skoda Fabia R5) +3:09,1 s
3. F. Andolfi/E. Inglesi (Italy, Skoda Fabia R5) +4:41,8 s
4. H. Solberg/I. Minor-Petrasko (Norway/Austria, Skoda Fabia R5) +15:24,0 s
5. B. Cukurova/V. Bostanci (Turkey, Skoda Fabia R5) +20:35,4 s
6. P. Nobre/G. Morales (Brasil, Skoda Fabia R5) +24:12,3 s
7. G. Gill/G. Macneall (India/Australia, Ford Fiesta R5 MK2) +24:18,6 s
8. B. Manyera/C. Cerkez (Turkey, Skoda Fabia R5) +29:09,3 s.
Kajetan Kajetanowicz’s starts are supported by: LOTOS Rally Team’s strategic partner – Grupa LOTOS, as well as Delphi Technologies, Driving Experience and Pirelli.