The gravel stage of Rally de España, the thirteenth round of the World Rally Championship, has come to an end. The great pace of Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak resulted in a promotion to fourth place in the WRC 2 category and now they are as close as 7 seconds to the podium! After six special stages, the crew went to a planned service, where LOTOS Rally Team mechanics will rebuild the car to the asphalt specification in 75 minutes.
The second loop is Kajetan Kajetanowicz’s even and good pace. The Ustroń citizen, piloted by Maciej Szczepaniak, took fifth, fourth and sixth place at the individual tests, respectively. The good disposition of the Poles allowed them to advance to the first four of the WRC 2 category and diminish the distance to the podium to just 7 seconds.
The Saturday stage is a fully asphalt route with a length of almost 122 kilometres. The rivalry will begin with at the Savallà stage (14.08 km, 9:00 a.m.), after which the teams will complete the Querol stage (21.26 km, 9:41 a.m.) and El Montmell (24.40 km, 10:38 a.m.). After a service break, they will compete again at the same trials at 14:01, 14:42 and 15:38, respectively. At the end of the day, a short stage along the streets of Salou (2.24 km, 17:30) is planned.
Rally de España 2019, unofficial WRC 2 classification after SS 6:
1. Loubet/Landais (France, Škoda Fabia R5 evo) 1:24:39,3 s
2. Camilli/Veillas (France, Citroën C3 R5) +1,5 s
3. Veiby/Andersson (Norway/Sweden, VW Polo GTI R5) +22,2 s
4. Kajetanowicz/Szczepaniak (Poland, VW Polo GTI R5) +29,5 s
5. Griazin/Fedorow (Russia, Škoda Fabia R5 evo) +33,3 s
6. Lindholm/Korhonen (Finland, VW Polo GTI R5) +1:04,6 s
7. J. Solans/Barreiro (Spain, Ford Fiesta R5 MK2) +2:00,4 s
8. Andolfi/Inglesi (Italy, Škoda Fabia R5) +2:04,8 s
9. Suarez/Inglesias (Spain, Škoda Fabia R5) +2:19,4 s
10. Bulacia Wilkinson/Cretu (Bolivia/Argentina, Škoda Fabia R5) +2:22,6 s
Kajetan Kajetanowicz’s starts are supported by LOTOS Rally Team’s strategic partner – Grupa LOTOS, as well as Delphi Technologies, Driving Experience and Pirelli.