The final stage of the thirteenth round of the World Rally Championship is in progress. Fighting on Catalan special stages brings a lot of excitement. After the first Sunday loop Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak were promoted to second place in the WRC 2 category!
The first trial, SS14 Riudecanyes (16.35 km), the LOTOS Rally Team duo finished in the sixth position, less than 5.5 seconds behind the winners. On the next one they achieved the fourth result, catching up with the previous vice-leaders, Loubet and Landais, who lost almost two minutes. After this trial, the Poles were promoted to second place and have 11 seconds advantage over the Finnish duo Lindholm/Korhonen. The leaders are the French, Camilli and Veillas.
Rally de España 2019, unofficial WRC 2 classification after SS 15:
1. Camilli/Veillas (France, Citroën C3 R5) 2:54:09,2 s
2. Kajetanowicz/Szczepaniak (Poland, VW Polo GTI R5) +1:30,5 s
3. Lindholm/Korhonen (Finland, VW Polo GTI R5) +1:41,5 s
4. Loubet/Landais (France, Škoda Fabia R5 evo) +2:56,0 s
5. Veiby/Andersson (Norway/Sweden, VW Polo GTI R5) +3:17,7 s
6. Suarez/Inglesias (Spain, Škoda Fabia R5) +3:41,5 s
7. Andolfi/Inglesi (Italy, Škoda Fabia R5) +3:49,4 s
8. J. Solans/Barreiro (Spain, Ford Fiesta R5 MK2) +3:49,4 s
9. de Mevius/Wydaeghe (Belgium, Citroën C3 R5) +6:06,9 s
10. N. Solans/Martí (Spain, VW Polo GTI R5) +8:00,5 s
Kajetan Kajetanowicz’s starts are supported by LOTOS Rally Team’s strategic partner – Grupa LOTOS, as well as Delphi Technologies, Driving Experience and Pirelli.