Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak started Saturday’s leg of Rally Italia Sardegna with huge motivation to make up for time losses after yesterday’s incident. They did a great job and were the fastest WRC-3 crew on the stages today. The LOTOS Rally team duo finished six special stages in top three, including one stage victory with seventh place in the overall standings – just behind WRC cars. Ahead of the final leg on Sunday, the Poles hold a points-paying position in top ten, having slashed the gap to their closest rivals by almost four and a half minutes!
Just like yesterday, the conditions were extremely hot, but road surface was a bit different than yesterday. It rained overnight, so the stages were damper. The rain could return on Sunday and for sure it would make the competition even more challenging. Kajetanowicz and Szczepaniak did a brilliant job today, setting the pace in their category throughout the day. Thanks to great pace they closed the gap to their rivals, looking forward to fighting for even more good results tomorrow.
– I am pleased with this day – our pace was really good and if you compare stage results, it definitely belonged to us. Nevertheless, I definitely did not lack motivation and I enjoyed my driving a lot. Now we face the final day of the rally, with bonus points for the Power Stage. For sure we will prepare ourselves for this test and this will be our goal. Let’s see how fast our competitors can go, what have they done with their tyres over the weekend and what is left for the last day, as the tyre limits are quite strict. But this is cool and I am looking forward to competing tomorrow
– says Kajetan Kajetanowicz, the LOTOS Rally Team driver.
The final day consists of Arzachena – Braniatogghiu (15.25 kms) and Aglientu – Santa Teresa (7.79 kms) stages, with the second pass of the latter test run as points-paying Power Stage. The rally ends around 13:00 CET.
Starts of Kajetan Kajetanowicz are supported by strategic partner of the LOTOS Rally Team – Grupa LOTOS – as well as Delphi Technologies, Pirelli, SJS Driving Experience and Grupa Sikora.
Rally Italia Sardegna 2021 – unofficial WRC-3 results after SS16:
- Rossel/Coria (France, Citroën C3 Rally2) 2:59:30.6 s
- López/Vallejo (Spain, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +37.8 s
- Solans/Sanjuan de Eusebio (Spain, Citroën C3 Rally2) +47.5 s
- Ingram/Whittock (Great Britain, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +3:47.0 s
- Heller/Martí (Chile/Spain, Citroën C3 Rally2) +3:54.2 s
- Zaldivar/del Barrio (Paraguay/Spain, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +4:13.7 s
- Fernández/Garcia (Chile/Argentina, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +6:03.3 s
- Ciamin/Roche (France, Citroën C3 Rally2) +6:26.9 s
- Kremer/Kremer (Germany, Volkswagen Polo GTI R5) +8:04.3 s
- Kajetanowicz/Szczepaniak (Poland, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +9:48.0 s