Top-three results on all special stages and runner-up position in the WRC-3 standings – it was an excellent Saturday for Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak. The LOTOS Rally Team crew maintained good pace and completed an error-free day, while their opponents did not manage to avoid costly mistakes. The Polish duo head for another podium finish in the World Rally Championship but they still face six difficult and extremely fast special stages.
After the opening loop on Saturday, Kajetanowicz and Szczepaniak tackled the same set of stages with clear goal to maintain their pace and focus. It was not easy, as the competition in Estonia takes place in high temperatures and it gets extremely hot inside the car. However, the conditions are the same for everyone, so the fight was very tight and exciting – with thousands of fans along the stages. The Russian crew Lukyanuk/Fedorov kept the lead, followed by Kajetanowicz and Szczepaniak, with Heikkilä and Luhtinen completing the top three – all three crews in Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo.
– It has been another excellent day for us. Today it was even better than yesterday. Thanks to fast, consistent pace we were able to gain two places in the standings. Of course it was not that easy, as the fight was very tight, but our rivals committed errors – this is also a part of this sport. The second loop was really tough for us. It was difficult to refrain from pushing pedal to the metal, especially ahead of huge jumps, but the situation in our category is stable and you have to be smart. We do not have much time for regeneration and tomorrow we face a real sprint. There are six special stages, including extremely important Power Stage – where we want to perform well. We have to complete the other stages wisely, with full concentration – although it is not easy to slow down on these beautiful stages
– says Kajetan Kajetanowicz, the LOTOS Rally Team driver.
The rally showdown takes place on Sunday, with three stages, run in two loops: Neeruti (7.80 kms), Elva (11.72 kms) and Tartu vald (7.47 kms) – also run as points-paying Power Stage. The competition ends around 14:00 CET.
Starts of Kajetan Kajetanowicz are supported by strategic partner of the LOTOS Rally Team – Grupa LOTOS – as well as Delphi Technologies, Pirelli, SJS Driving Experience and Grupa Sikora.
Rally Estonia 2021 – unofficial WRC-3 results after SS18:
- Lukyanuk/Fedorov (Russia, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) 2:26:02.7 s
- Kajetanowicz/Szczepaniak (Poland, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +2:25.4 s
- Heikkilä/Luhtinen (Finland, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +4:00.1 s
- López/Odriozola (Spain, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +4:31.9 s
- Jeets/Toom (Estonia, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +6:44.9 s
- Jurkevičius/Paliukènas (Lithuania, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +8:07.7 s
- Zaldivar/del Barrio (Paraguay/Spain, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +9:38.2 s
- Fernández/Garcia (Chile/Argentina, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +23:42.4 s
- Díaz-Aboitiz/Sanjuan de Eusebio (Spain, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +29:36.6 s