Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak have enjoyed a great start of their practice outing in Quattro River Rally. They set the fastest time on shakedown and followed this performance with stage win on the opening test, Korana (6.49 kms). The LOTOS Rally Team duo defeated second-placed crew by 18.6 seconds!
The Polish crew treat Quattro River Rally as a practice outing ahead of their first start in this year’s World Rally Championship. They contest the Croatian event, round one of national championship. with special livery on their car – “The Road to Peace”, dedicated to all Ukrainian people.
– I have great memories from Croatia. Last year we won a rally here, I used to spend my holidays here. This is a beautiful country, with fantastic people. However, I am here to prepare well for our first outing in this year’s World Rally Championship – Croatia Rally. Tarmac on these stages is very slippery and we feel it even when we get out of the car. It is nice to feel this adrenaline and competition spirit again, winning our first special stage of the year. However, as I said earlier, the most important thing for us is to practice ahead of the World Rally Championship round
– says Kajetanowicz, triple European Rally Champion.
Tomorrow the crews face six special stages: SS2/5 Kupa (15.20 kms, at 9:54 and 14:03 CET), SS3/6 Dobra (11.12 kms, at 10:57 and 15:06 CET) and SS4/7 Mrežnica (15.60 kms, at 11:30 and 15:39 CET). The whole rally consists of seven special stages, with total length of more than 90 kilometres.
Starts of Kajetan Kajetanowicz are supported by strategic partner of the LOTOS Rally Team – Grupa LOTOS, technical partner Delphi Technologies, as well as Pirelli, SJS Driving Experience and Grupa Sikora.
Quattro River Rally 2022, unofficial results after SS1:
- Kajetanowicz/Szczepaniak (Poland, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) 4:33.5
- Peljhan/Čar (Slovenia, Volkswagen Polo RN4) +18.6
- Laskowski/Kuśnierz (Poland, Ford Fiesta Rally3) +21.6
- Pulić/Kovačić (Croatia, Škoda Fabia Rally2) +22.6
- Černý/Jindra jun. (Czech Republic, Ford Fiesta Rally3) +22.9
- Kramer jun./Kvick (Austria, Peugeot 208 Rally4) +30.2
- Lončarič/Pinky (Croatia, Subaru Impreza STi N12) +30.7
- Šebalj/Stublić (Croatia, Toyota GR Yaris) +33.6
- Medved/Šavelj (Slovenia, Ford Fiesta Rally4) +37.7
- Prodan/Golojka (Croatia, Citroën C2) +39.8