Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak started Sunday’s leg of the 2022 Quattro River Rally Kralovac as overall leaders, preparing themselves for their first World Rally Championship outing this year. The LOTOS Rally Team crew performed well on the first loop, winning two more stages. However, they also committed a small mistake, losing some time and positions in the standings. The Polish duo do not give up and continue their plan, entering the final loop of the rally.
Following their off on the opening stage on Sunday, Kajetanowicz and Szczepaniak reached the finish line with a few minutes’ loss. The damage of their car was not significant but it was not easy to drive with destroyed front end and broken windscreen. Despite these problems, the Polish duo performed in excellent way on following stages, winning SS3 Dobra and SS4 Mrežnica with 22 and 40 seconds’ advantage. Their pace allowed them to move up from 40th to 12th position. The results remain unofficial, as the organisers might apply some corrections.
– Major part of our plan for the opening loop has been completed: we showed a very good, fast pace on two special stages out of three. I made a mistake on the first one, we went off the road but it was possible to put the car back on its wheels straight away and we managed to continue. I have been there before – returning to fight after minor or more serious “adventures”, pushing and winning special stage. Overall it is going well, I enjoy driving a lot and our car is faultless. I try to adjust my driving to changeable grip levels and it seems to me that the sections which form a part of Croatia Rally, in which we will compete in April, are more slippery than last year. For me this a great warm-up ahead of our World Rally Championship outing and that’s the point
– says Kajetanowicz, triple European Rally Champion.
In the afternoon the crews will complete another runs of Kupa (15.20 kms, at 14:03 CET), Dobra (11.12 kms, at 15:06 CET) and Mrežnica (15.60 kms, at 15:39 CET) stages, which form the final leg of the opening round of the Croatian Rally Championship.
Starts of Kajetan Kajetanowicz are supported by strategic partner of the LOTOS Rally Team – Grupa LOTOS, technical partner Delphi Technologies, as well as Pirelli, SJS Driving Experience and Grupa Sikora.
Quattro River Rally 2022, unofficial results after SS4:
- Laskowski/Kuśnierz (Poland, Ford Fiesta Rally3) 32:26.1
- Černý/Jindra jun. (Czech Republic, Ford Fiesta Rally3) +1:09.1
- Peljhan/Čar (Slovenia, Volkswagen Polo RN4) +1:13.9
- Kramer jun./Kvick (Austria, Peugeot 208 Rally4) +1:30.3
- Šebalj/Stublić (Croatia, Toyota GR Yaris) +1:30.9
- Lončarič/Pinky (Croatia, Subaru Impreza STi N12) +1:54.2
- Kramer/Drapela (Austria, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6.5) +1:55.4
- Medved/Šavelj (Slovenia, Ford Fiesta Rally4) +2:01.9
- Hrvatin/Simčić (Croatia, Renault Clio RS) +2:56.8
- Prodan/Golojka (Croatia, Citroën C2) +3:08.8
- Hrvatin/Labinjan (Croatia, Peugeot 306) +4:00.8
- Kajetanowicz/Szczepaniak (Polska, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +4:02.9