The WRC2 crews, competing in Rally Catalunya de España, have completed two of three stages planned for the opening loop on Saturday. The third one – the longest test of the whole event – has been cancelled after a crash of Greensmith/Andersson. The crew were okay but their Ford Puma Rally1 blocked the road. Kajetan Kajetanowicz and Maciej Szczepaniak set ninth-fastest times on both stages, holding seventh position in the WRC2 standings.
– Today the conditions are more predictable than yesterday. Basically it was dry throughout the stages. My driving gets better and it seems that we managed to find better car set-up which offers us more opportunities. The pace is amazing and we are trying to drive cleanly and to avoid major mistakes which could ruin all our effort. I am happy to be here, I enjoy this competition – hopefully right until the finish line
– Kajetan Kajetanowicz, the ORLEN Rally Team driver, commented after two stages.
Special stages Savallà (13.93 kms), Querol-Les Pobles (20.19 kms) and El Montmell (24.17 kms) will be run again during the second loop – at 14:14, 15:07 and 16:08 CET respectively, and the day ends with a city stage Salou (2.15 kms, at 18:40 CET).
Starts of Kajetan Kajetanowicz are supported by strategic partner of the ORLEN Rally Team – PKN ORLEN, as well as technical partner Delphi Technologies, Pirelli, Grupa Sikora and SJS Driving Experience.
Rally Catalunya de España 2022, unofficial WRC2 standings after SS10:
- Suninen/Markkula (Finland, Hyundai i20 N Rally2) 1:29:45.3
- Gryazin/Aleksandrov (Russia, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +25.6
- Rossel/Dunand (France, Citroën C3 Rally2) +26.0
- Lindholm/Hämäläinen (Finland, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +1:08.2
- Huttunen/Lukka (Finland, Ford Fiesta Rally2) +1:15.5
- Sarrazin/Renucci (France, VW Polo GTI R5) +1:22.2
- Kajetanowicz/Szczepaniak (Poland, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +1:34.2
- Zaldivar/Der Ohannesian (Paraguay/Italy, Hyundai i20 N Rally2) +1:59.5
- Pajari/Mälkönen (Finland, Škoda Fabia Rally2 evo) +2:10.2
- Munster/Louka (Luxembourg/Belgium, Hyundai i20 N Rally2) +2:24.2